lunes, 9 de mayo de 2016

Grip the dark. Bukowski



I sit here
 drunk now
 listening to the 
same symphonies
 that gave me
 the will to go on
 when I was 22.

 40 years later
 they and I are not quite so
 magical. 
you should have
 seen me then
 so
 lean 
no
 gut
 I was 
a gaunt string of a 
man: 
blazing, strong,
 insane. 
say one wrong word 
to me
 and I’d crack you right there.


 I didn’t want to be bothered 
with anything or anyone.

 I seemed to be
 always on my way to some
 cell 
after being booked for 
doing things
 on or off the
 avenue. 

I sit here drunk now.

 I am a series 
of small victories
 and large defeats 
and
 I am as 
amazed 
as any other 
that 
I have gotten
 from there to here 
without committing murder 
or being murdered;

 without
 having ended up in the
 madhouse.
 as I drink alone
 again tonight 
my soul despite all the past 
agony 
thanks all the gods
 who were not
 there 
for me
 then.

No hay comentarios: